Saturday, July 18, 2009

Hair Style of the Day

Pretty Curls

If you feel like having your hair down this is the style for you. You need GHD Styler or something similar to create waves that look natural. Apply some styling mousse to damp hair and grab hold of a section on your hair (medium-thick sections) and curl hair by holding the straightener close to the roots as possible and twist it at an almost 180 degree angle and slowly slide down to the ends. You should end up with nice, bouncy natural curls.
If you are naturally curly it's easy- just flip your hair forwards and blow dry using your hands. Put some hair style finishing creme to get rid of flyaways and your done!

The Preppy Beehive


This updo is great for bad hair days and you don't have much time to use a straightener or to curling tongs. To create this look, you need tonnes of volume so blow dry your hair roughly and backcomb your hair at the crown using a rounded bristle brush to build up height. Randomly pile up your hair and pin it to the crown. Slip on a headband and pull out some strands from the front to frame the face. Decorate with some strings you wish by tying it a couple of times around the headband.

10 comments:

noone said...

taylor swift has the best curls for celebrity curls in my opinion! Plus she's super super adorable! How can Joe Jonas cheat and break up with her?!?! Douchebag!

Crissy said...

Ahh my hair is too short D:

aki said...

oo ur much more experienced than I am! Thanks for commenting on my blog :) How did u make urs so cute? hehe

Unknown said...

I love that updo! She is gorgeous!

Sara (The Makeup Snob.com) said...

both those styles look fab!

Nancy said...

i could never achieve that messy updo :( . thank you for your comment. visit my page anytime =^.^=

Karen said...

aw thanks for commenting & thank you for the MSF Soft & Gentle recommendation =) i will definitely but slowly try their beautiful mineralize line products. you're gorgeous yourself and i joined your blog cuz it looks so cute and helpful!

Mz. W said...

I love Taylor's curls too! It's so hard to achieve on my hair >.<" I'll try Leighton's one day...it seems easier..hahah!

Ela said...

Eek! I miss my hair...

Viva La Fashion said...

taylor swift is one of the few curly haired people who has learned the art of taming curly hair. i wish i knew...ugh. i hate my curls. :(

she's so pretty.